Marriott’s existing loyalty program was a combined loyalty program for Marriott Rewards, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG), and the Ritz-Carlton Rewards. After Marriott acquired SPG in 2016, the programs were combined in 2018, and a new name was due in 2019.
The New Name
Marriott has finally unveiled “Marriott Bonvoy“, the new name for its Loyalty Program, effective February 13, 2019. Source: Meet Marriott Bonvoy
Bonvoy is a play on words for “Bon Voyage”, usually referring to good wishes for a safe and pleasant journey.
The New Logo
The new logo was rumored based on a design trademark a few weeks ago, but it’s finally here.
5 Things that are changing
- The SPG and Ritz-Carlton apps are being retired. Only the new Marriott Bonvoy app (upgraded Marriot Rewards app) will persist.
- Two new Marriott tiers will be introduced – Titanium Elite (75+ nights) and Ambassador Elite (100+ nights and $20,000 in spend).
- Peak Pricing will be introduced in March.
- The new Category 8 will be introduced in March (Book Al Maha, Dubai before March for only 60,000 points per night)
- Marriott Moments will be bookable through the Marriott Bonvoy app.
Here’s a list of all 50+ Marriott properties redeemable on Points in Dubai and UAE.
What are your thoughts on Marriott’s new name and refreshed benefits for tiers?