World of Hyatt has seen a number of refreshing and positive changes in the last 2 years, and is on our top 3 hotel programs for points redemptions in UAE and around the world.
Hyatt has announced a huge list of category changes for 2019. The new category changes are effective from 18th March 2019. Around 130 hotels are going up and the same number are coming down a category.
Let’s review World of Hyatt’s award chart for points redemptions:
5 UAE Hyatt Hotels made the list, while 1 in Saudi Arabia went up one category and 6 Hyatt hotels in India went down one category.
UAE Hyatt Hotels Changing Category in 2019
- Hyatt Place Dubai Al Rigga – Down from Cat 2 to Cat 1
- Hyatt Place Dubai Baniyas Square – Down from Cat 2 to Cat 1
- Hyatt Regency Dubai – Down from Cat 3 to Cat 2
- Andaz Capital Gate Abu Dhabi – Down from Cat 3 to Cat 2
- Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi – Up from Cat 5 to Cat 6
Overall the changes in UAE are positive since many World of Hyatt hotels are going down one category for points redemption, making Dubai a good redemption for Category 1 hotels. If you have plans to book Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi on points, do so before March 18th to lock in the lower category price.
- W Dubai – The Palm opened on 1st February, 2019
- Marriott announces Category changes for 2019
- 4 Best Value Marriott Bonvoy Redemptions in Dubai and UAE
- All Hyatt Hotels in UAE redeemable on Points
- InterContinental Hotels (IHG) Category changes in 2019
- Existing and upcoming Hilton Hotels in UAE
- 10 things to know before using your international credit card in Dubai
- Marriott launches its combined loyalty program, starting Feb 13, 2019