InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) has a worldwide footprint of over 5500 hotels. These hotels fall under different categories of redemptions and these categories may change yearly. See IHG’s global presence here.
According to a leaked PDF, from 25th January 2019, 650+ IHG hotels will fall under a category change. Around 500 are increasing 1 category and the rest are decreasing a category of points redemption.
In UAE and the Middle East, 9 properties are changing categories. Here’s a list of all the changes in this region.
United Arab Emirates (UAE) – 5 Hotels going up
- Holiday Inn Dubai, Downtown Dubai: 15,000 Points to 20,000 Points
- Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi Downtown: 20,000 Points to 25,000 Points
- Staybridge Suites Abu Dhabi – Yas Island: 25,000 Points to 30,000 Points
- Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi – Yas Island: 30,000 Points to 35,000 Points
- Crowne Plaza Dubai – Festival City: 40,000 Points to 45,000 Points
Oman – 2 Hotels (1 going up, 1 going down)
- Crowne Plaza Muscat OCEC: 30,000 Points to 25,000 Points
- Crowne Plaza Muscat: 30,000 Points to 35,000 Points
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) – 2 Hotels (1 going up, 1 going down)
- Crowne Plaza Riyadh RDC Hotel & Convention: 30,000 to 25,000 Points
- InterContinental Dar Al Tawhid Makkah: 45,000 to 50,000 Points
IHG also changes categories along the year, so make sure you check the redemption before making a booking.
Which is your favorite IHG hotel in the Middle East?