Are you a tourist or resident in Dubai or Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates (UAE)? Do you know the exact last date until when you can stay in Dubai? Would you have to pay overstay fines when you exit? Should you do a visa run to Oman? This article helps you check the validity of your UAE tourist visa or visa on arrival.
Read More: 6 FREE Loyalty programs to sign up for in Dubai and UAE
***DEAL ALERT at Carrefour UAE***: Get AED 20 off AED 200 on all online orders with the promo code "OFF15" in UAE and "ON38" in KSA.
Dubai is home to a millions of tourists every year. Many apply for a tourist visa, but many countries also get visa on arrival (including Indian Citizens with a US Visa or US Green Card or EU Resident Permit or Schengen Visa – a great post from Live from a Lounge about this)
Crazy Deal: Entertainer Promo Code: ENT33 for 10% off all Entertainer packages and bundles
The question we also often get is, do I have any grace days on my visa? And what is the validity of my Dubai or Abu Dhabi (UAE) tourist visa or visa on arrival.
Thankfully, the UAE Government has an excellent integration of it’s visa and resident services. The Official Portal of the UAE Government (government.ae), the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship and the Ministry of Interior has made it easy for you to find out the validity of your UAE Tourist visa or resident status.
So, here’s the best way to find out the exact date until when you can officially stay in Dubai without paying the overstay fines (check out our UAE Overstay Fine Calculator):
*Deal Flash*: NowNow App - Get 10% off all grocery with the promo code "N20" / "FUN86" / "FUN49" at Waitrose, Choithrams, Spinneys, Organic Foods & Cafe, Al Maya, Zoom, BlueMart, WMart, Paul Bakery, Marks & Spencer Food, Puranmal, Aster Pharmacy, Krispy Kreme etc.
In your browser, go to the UAE Government website by clicking here:
!! This is HUUGGEEE !! Get 10% off at Noon.com with the promo code "POINTSHABIBI".
The next step is to select “Passport Information” (since, most of you don’t have your file number on hand)
*New Deal*: Boots UAE, KSA, Kuwait: "F6601" - Get Extra 5% off Boots (includes sale items).
After that, select “Visa” if you’re a visitor or tourist and “Residency”, if you already have your UAE resident visa stamped on your passport.
- Now enter your correct passport details. All fields are mandatory
Passport Number: (Enter the exact number including any letters)
Passport Expire Date: (Select the exact future date when your passport expires)
Nationality: (Select Nationality from the dropdown, don’t worry about the number associated with the nationality, it’s for internal reference)
The fields will turn green when you’ve entered all valid details.
- Verify you’re not a robot and click “Search” to search your details
- Here’s what you should see below:
- If you’re a tourist, it should show you the exact date when your tourist visa was issued and when it expires.
- The expiry date is the validity of your UAE Tourist Visa
See screenshot below for an example of a real tourist visa expiring in Jan 2019. Note: This date includes the grace period allowed on your tourist visa or visa on arrival. Note: it is up to the immigration officer at exit to honor the grace period, or you may have to pay for it per day.
- If you have a valid UAE resident visa, you should see the exact date when your 2 or 3 year resident visa expires in the UAE immigration system.
See the screenshot below of a real UAE residence visa expiring in 2021.
That’s how convenient it is to find out the exact date when your visa or residency is expiring in the United Arab Emirates.
**Sale on Kids' Toys & Clothes at FirstCry UAE: Extra 10% off Code "AFE1"/"AFE2".
In case, you realize that you’re visa is expiring soon, but you have to stay longer, you can do the following to renew your visa:
- Renew your Visa on Arrival Online using your international credit card – valid for some countries (Read this before using your international credit card in Dubai and UAE)
- Go for a Visa Run to exit and re-enter UAE (valid for some countries). (Read my experience of a Visa Run with GoToursDubai)
- Go to an Amer Centre in-person and renew it
- Actually fly out and fly back in.
- Pay overstay fines (UAE Visa Overstay Fine Calculator)
- Reach out to a travel agent or tourism company and they will renew your visa in-country.
Let us know in the comments if you found this helpful, or if you have any additional questions about your stay or visa.
Like The Points Habibi on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter and Instagram for more updates on loyalty programs and tips to save in Dubai and UAE.
Note: ThePointsHabibi is not a qualified immigration or legal counsel. Please consult with accredited lawyers for your specific visa needs.
If you’re in the UAE, don’t forget to use these codes when shopping online:
- NowNow UAE: “N20″/”FUN49”/“FUN86” – 10% off NowNow for Groceries/Snacks at Waitrose, Choithrams, Spinneys, Organic Foods & Cafe, Al Maya, WMart, Paul Bakery, Marks & Spencer Food, Aster Pharmacy.🤩
- Carrefour UAE & Carrefour KSA: “OFF15“/“ON38” – AED 20 off AED 200+ Carrefour Promo Code. 🤗
- Noon.com UAE: “POINTSHABIBI” for 10% off existing customers. Max AED 50. 15% off for new customers.
- Bath & Body Works: “O3073” – 5% off Bath & Body Works Promo Code.
- NAMSHI: “DD47“/”NM134“/”FUN227” – 15-20% off Namshi Promo Code.
- Victoria’s Secret UAE and KSA: “YMUY” – 10% off all orders, including sale items.
- Mumzworld: “FZ560” – 10% off Mumzworld Promo Code. 🤱🏻
- H&M UAE / GCC / Egypt: “E0160” – 10% off H&M Promo Code. 👗
- Boots UAE, KSA, Kuwait: “F6601” – 5% off Boots Promo Code.
- Mothercare: “EXN9K” – 10% off Mothercare Promo Code.
- Pottery Barn UAE, Kuwait, KSA: “GPBX6F” – 15% off all orders.
- Pottery Barn Kids UAE, Kuwait, KSA: “DPK5112” – 15% off all orders.
- West Elm UAE: “A1JK” – 15% off everything with this West Elm Promo Code.
- American Eagle UAE, Egypt, KSA, Kuwait: “PW2L” – 10% off American Eagle.
- Desert Cart: “DCM180” – 10% off all DesertCart.ae orders.
- DragonMart UAE: “DM18” – 20% off everything at Dragon Mart.
- Toys R Us UAE: “TRU59” – 10% off Toys R Us MENA Promo Code.
- FirstCry UAE: “AFE1” / “AFE2” – 10% off FirstCry Promo Code.
- Hibobi: “FF42” – 10% of all Hibobi orders.
- Mamas & Papas: “M106” – 5% off Mamas & Papas Promo Code. 👨👩👧👦
- SIVVI UAE & KSA: “si15” – 35%-50% off all orders. 🥳
- RIVA Fashion UAE: “YAY154” – 10% off Riva Fashion Promo Code.
- Styli UAE and KSA: “BJJ” – 15% off Styli Promo Code.
- KUL.com: “AA185” – 10% off all KUL orders.
- Noon Egypt – “FRI9” / “FRI10” – 10% off Noon Promo Code.
- 1Zillion KSA: “Z139” – 10% off 1Zillion Promo Code.
- BioBox UAE: “dcm21389” – 10% off BioBox Promo Code.
- Eyewa: “DCM14” – 10% off Eyewa Promo Code. 👀
- Vogacloset: “EHZ” – 15% off Vogacloset Promo Code.
- ACE Hardware: “ACH92” – 10% off ACE Promo Code.
- KIABI UAE: “KAB52” – 10% off Kiabi Promo Code.
- Chicy UAE/KSA/Kuwait/Oman: “CH67” – 10% off Chicy Promo Code
- Muji UAE / KSA / Kuwait / Bahrain: “A9333” – 12% off Muji Promo Code.
- Joboy UAE: “POINTSHABIBI” – Use this sign-up / referral code to get 30% off on Sanitization / Deep Cleaning / Sofa & Carpet Cleaning / AC Maintenance, and 20% off Salon Services.
- Noon Daily KSA: “NND31” – 10% Noon Daily Promo Code
- Careem or Uber in Dubai: 6 reasons to choose one over the other
- 10 things to know before using your International Credit card in UAE
- List of all Loyalty Programs that you must sign up for in Dubai and UAE
- All Active Careem Promo Codes in Dubai
- AMEX: A comprehensive guide of where American Express is accepted in Dubai and UAE
Additional keywords: visit visa validity check for dubai abu dhabi sharjah ras al khaimah ajman al ain umm al quwain fujairah united arab emirates tourist visit visa on arrival dxb check resident visa expiry expiration date grace period overstay date over stay fines overstaying permit file used valid residence residency stamp expo 2020 2021 united kingdom uk great britain scotland ireland united states of america usa india people’s republic of china saudi arabia ksa qatar egypt syria palestine jordan yemen russia ukraine pakistan afghanistan nepal sri lanka france greece germany canada south africa australia new zealand mexico brazil spain morocco oman Philippines indonesia malaysia singapore thailand vietnam cambodia italy israel ethiopia tanzania ghana nigeria somalia kenya japan fiji maldives mauritius argentina chile venezuela poland norway netherlands finland switzerland rwanda hong kong
hello dear, your post was so helpful to me, i just want to know do i need to pay the overstay fines if i am staying in the 10 days grace period, once i check through your step by step prosses, i find my visa will expiry date on april 18th . i have 1 month tourist visa, i entered in dubai on march 10th.
Hi Vijesh, if you exit Dubai (UAE) within the 10 day grace period, you do not need to pay the Overstay Fines. In your case, the 10 day grace period is between April 9 – April 18, so if you exit before April 18, you would not have to pay any Overstay Fine.
Yuir post is nice. but i need to check about my overstay fine how much utile now because my visa expire on 20 april 2019. So i need to know how how much?
Could you please tell the difference b/w ACTIVE and USED file status?
What does “closed” file status mean??
Informative post ! I will really helpful to many of them staying uae.