Marriott’s new program combines benefits from the legacy Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) and The Ritz-Carlton programs.
Marriott Bonvoy Elite Tiers
With the introduction of Bonvoy, Marriott added two new elite tiers called Titanium Elite (75+ nights) and Ambassador Elite (100+ nights and $20,000 in spend)
Here’s a complete benefits requirements chart for all elite tiers:
Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Status Requirements
- Lifetime Silver Elite: 250 Lifetime Nights + 5 Years Elite Status
- Lifetime Gold Elite: 400 Lifetime Nights + 7 Years Gold Elite Status or Higher
- Lifetime Platinum Elite: 600 Lifetime Nights + 10 Years Platinum Elite Status or Higher
Marriott Bonvoy App
Marriott has now upgraded its legacy Marriott Rewards App to the new refreshed Marriott Bonvoy App.
This also means that the existing SPG app has been retired and no longer accessible on the app store any more.
The SPG program was the reason most of us points hobbyists got into the points obsession. It’s sad that the legacy SPG is no longer alive, and it will truly be remembered. The new Marriott Bonvoy Program has kept a lot of legacy benefits and has a huge portfolio of over 5400 hotels worldwide. We look forward to exciting times with these program changes.
- W Dubai – The Palm opened on 1st February, 2019
- Active Careem Promo Codes in Dubai and UAE
- Careem or Uber: 6 reasons to choose one over the other in Dubai
- 10 things to know before using your international credit card in Dubai
- When does my UAE visa really expire?
- 4 things you did not now about Apple Stores in Dubai and Abu Dhabi
- Marriott launches its combined loyalty program, starting Feb 13, 2019
- Carrefour Tuesdays 20% off: 20 items that you should buy