There have been various talks about the Uber-Careem acquisition in the past, but it looks like it may become a reality this week. Uber is also set to go IPO in April 2019, and has picked New York Stock Exchange for the IPO.
Maybe it’s the rush before the IPO, but according to 3 different reasons listed below, Uber may acquire Careem sooner than we know, and the deal could be announced later this week.
1) Caitlin Davey’s Tweet on 17th March
Caitlin Davey, a freelance journalist and former editorial director at Lovin Dubai tweeted about this on 17th January 2019.
Here is a direct link to the tweet.
2) Careem Employees asked to verify Citizenship
Last week, all Careem employees were asked to verify their Citizenship status and confirm within 24 hours. It couldn’t be more of a co-incidence that Careem HR asked for this information at the same time as the rumors of the acquisition were going around.
3) MENA Bytes Article
And finally the biggest reason, MENA Bytes published an article a few hours ago today (24th March 2019) reporting the deal.
Read the full article by MENA Bytes here: Uber set to announce $3.1 billion acquisition of Careem in a cash and stock deal this week: Report
It is exciting to know that the deal is finally happening. But what does it mean for Careem offerings like Careem NOW, Careem Roadside Assistance, Careem Pay and others. Also, what will happen to our Careem Rewards points? Let’s wait and watch.
What do you think of the Uber Careem acquisition? Let us know in the comments.
- 6 reasons to choose Careem or Uber in Dubai
- GEMS Rewards partners with CAFU for fuel delivery promotions
- Carrefour UAE 20% off Tuesdays – 20 items you should not miss
- 6 Loyalty programs that you must sign up for in Dubai
- DWC Airport partners with Careem to give 25% off airport rides
- Valid Careem UAE Promo Codes
- Uber UAE Promo Codes
- Food Delivery CareemNOW Promo Codes
- Careem launches Careem Gold – a new elite rewards tier