Careem, the largest ride-sharing app of the Middle East has now launched a 24/7 Roadside Assistance for the residents of Dubai.
It’s really exciting to see a ride-hailing app offer services for people that already own a car, and rarely use Careem to get a ride. It’s a great initiative for Careem to go from the go-to app for ride-hailing to the go-to app for anything and everything on the road. Careem also recently launched its own loyalty rewards program, user ratings and CareemNow for food deliveries.
Careem’s Roadside Assistance Service
Careem’s Roadside Assistance service is priced at AED 100 + VAT. The 4 main services supported as part of this launch are:
- Battery Replacement (non-electric vehicles) in the case of an unrepairable dead battery (Battery cost plus VAT extra, with AED 100 discount)
- Emergency fuel service should your vehicle runs out of fuel (Fuel charges* plus VAT extra) (* Fuel to be priced according to UAE Ministry of Energy regulations; approximately AED 30-50 for ¼ tank)
- Flat tire repair using your car’s spare tire (only AED 100)
- Battery Boosting for when you just need a jump to get on your way (only AED 100)
Booking Careem’s Roadside Assistance
It’s already live on the Careem App in Dubai.
Here is how you can book it (Source: Careem):
- Log into your Careem app
- Choose “Roadside Assistance” from the car types’ menu
- Enter your location details; the same location has to be added in both ‘Pickup’ and ‘Drop off’ prompts
- Confirm your booking
- Your estimated time of arrival and service fee will be displayed
- After completing the service, any additional payments will be processed directly by the service provider via credit card or cash at the rates quoted
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What services are NOT covered by Roadside Assistance?
- Towing / recovery
- Mechanical failure & repair
- Non-emergency vehicle services, e.g. oil change
- Battery services for electric vehicles
The Careem application asks for a destination; what should I enter?
Please select the same location (your vehicle’s location) for both “pick-up” and “drop-off.
Does my car/roadside insurance cover this service?
At this time, we are not partnering with any insurance companies to offer coverage of roadside services fees.
Where is the service available?
This service is available throughout all areas of Dubai.
Who are the service providers?
The service providers are professional third-party technicians working with established Dubai-based roadside assistance companies.
How long should I expect to wait for services?
Customers should wait less than 30 minutes for their roadside assistance vehicle to arrive; service time varies by service and vehicle type.
Will the technician be able to access my vehicle inside a parking garage?
Yes – the technicians are able to access any indoor space; however, please inform your building security of the service to avoid any delays.
My technician found a mechanical issue and was unable to service my vehicle – why am I being charged a fee?
The service fee is a a flat rate of 100 AED for the technician’s time and diagnostic service. If the vehicle is disabled due to an issue other than the services available, the technician will assist in calling a recovery vehicle for towing to a nearby garage.
Battery Service & Warranty
What are the prices for battery replacement?
The price of batteries varies by size and brand. The ranges by brand are as follows:
|Brand||From (AED)||To (AED)|
Do batteries purchased through Careem’s service providers include a service warranty?
Yes, all batteries are sold with a one to two-year warranty. The warranty term varies by battery brand.
My existing car battery requires service but is under warranty; can I use this service?
Anyone can use this service! However, batteries under warranty should be serviced by the same provider / garage which issued the warranty. Warranty service is currently not available for batteries purchased outside of the Careem network.
I have an issue with my new car battery; who should I contact?
All battery warranty claims are managed by the service provider. You will receive a booklet with the warranty information at the time of service; please keep this with your vehicle. If you require assistance, please contact Careem for help getting in touch with them.
How does payment work?
Careem charges a flat 100 AED service fee, which can be paid in-app through the usual Careem payment methods (credit card, Careem Credits, and cash).
A replacement battery or emergency fuel are additional charges to be paid to the vendor directly via credit card or cash at the rates highlighted in our blog post. Careem credits are not valid for payment towards this additional charge.
Who will issue a receipt for the services provided?
Careem will issue a receipt for the service fee via email; however, the service provider will issue a receipt for any additional services or fees.
I have questions or feedback on the service I received; who can I contact?
For immediate assistance on your service, please contact Careem:
- WhatsApp: +971 4 440 5269
- Phone: +971 4 440 5222 (only available for calls during the service from your Careem registered number)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: This is a pilot program and a new product, so we are looking to constantly improve our service and are actively seeking your feedback. Please email email@example.com with any questions/comments
Have you used or are planning to use Careem’s Roadside Assistance Service? Let us know in the comments