The Government of Dubai’s Roads and Transport Authority RTA celebrates Public Transport Day on November 1. In 2019, it is the 10th anniversary of this initiative and it also falls on the 14th anniversary of RTA. It is also the 5th anniversary of the Dubai Tram. The theme for Public Transport Day is #TravelBetterLiveBetter.
Last year in 2018 for Public Transport Day, RTA had announced prizes for submitting a video. And for the celebration this year, RTA has a fun-filled list of activities and lots of giveaways like cash prizes, gold bars, triple nol Plus points, free health checkups, noon vouchers and much more.
RTA Public Transport Day 2019
Throughout the celebrations from 1st to 11th November, you will:
- Earn triple nol Plus points.
- Get a chance to win a cash prize up to AED 5,000 the more you ride.
- Stay active with free sports events hosted by Gold’s Gym at select Metro stations
- Get Noon.com vouchers when you visit selected Metro stations, and Enjoy more discounts when you shop on Noon using the Noon promo code “PTD”.
- Enjoy free health checkups by Dr. Nutrition and Medeor Hospital at select Metro stations.
Fun Activities from Nov 1 – 11
- Nov 1: Participate in activities from the 1st of November to get a limited edition nol Card.
- Nov 2: Take the Dubai Tram to win prizes
- Nov 5: Join RTA at 6:30pm to participate in a 2.5K and 5K race along the Dubai canal at Business Bay Promenade. The top 3 runners from each category will win a gold bar.
- Nov 6: Compete at Union Metro Station and discover the new RTA sonic branding unveiled by Al Tayer Group for a chance to win great prizes.
- Nov 8: Register at rta.ae to join the RTA Public Transport Day Scavenger Hunt for a chance to win AED 25K, AED 15K or AED 10K.
- Nov 9: Join a Free Yoga session beside Dubai Internet City lake at 5:00pm
- Nov 11: Celebrate the 5th anniversary of the Dubai Tram. Use the Tram on this day for a chance to win a Gold bar.
Read the celebration announcement on RTA’s website here.
Public Transport Day Campaign Partners
These awesome giveaways and celebrations are in conjunction with these partners
- Burj Khalifa by EMAAR
- Mall of the Emirates by Majid Al Futtaim
- City Centres by Majid Al Futtaim
- Jumeirah Beach Residence (JBR)
- Dubai Internet City (DIC)
- Dubai Media City (DMC)
This is an excellent initiative by RTA, and gives Dubai residents an extra incentive to ride the public transport. #TravelBetterLiveBetter
What do you think of this exciting promotion by RTA? Let us know your thoughts and questions in the comments.
Image Credit: All images are copyright of Roads and Transport Authority (RTA), Dubai.
- Entertainer 2020 Bundles Offer – Get FREE IMG Worlds Tickets
- Dig It Unlimited 3 Month Pass for AED 299
- Roxy Plus – Roxy Cinemas new loyalty program launches in June 2019
- Careem Rewards – Careem’s Loyalty Program
- Careem Gold – an elite tier by Careem
- Active Uber Promo Codes in Dubai and UAE
- Active Careem Promo Codes in Dubai and UAE
- 6 Free Loyalty Programs that you must sign up for in Dubai
- 4 Best Value Marriott Bonvoy Redemptions in Dubai and UAE
- All Hyatt Hotels in UAE redeemable on Points
- InterContinental Hotels (IHG) Category changes in 2019
- Existing and upcoming Hilton Hotels in UAE
- Loyalty Magazine Awards 2019 – GEMS Rewards wins Regional Loyalty Champion for Middle East and Africa