The luxurious Hyatt brand “Andaz” debuts in Dubai today, December 15, 2019 with the new boutique hotel Andaz Dubai – The Palm. The term “Andaz” means “personal style” in Hindi. This is the 2nd Andaz in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and the 12th Hyatt Hotel in the UAE.
Check out the list of all Hyatt hotels redeemable on points in Dubai and UAE. This hotel is also eligible to earn 500 bonus points per night until March 31, 2020 as part of Hyatt’s “500 Reasons to stay somewhere new” promotion. Also, if you pay at a new Hyatt hotel using your Chase World of Hyatt Visa credit card, make sure that the charge earns you 4x points on your credit card statement (in the past, read how this reader reported that a new Hyatt hotel charge coded as 1x, but was fixed by Chase).
Andaz Dubai The Palm – Location
Andaz Dubai – The Palm is conveniently located at the entrance to the Palm Jumeirah. It is the only Hyatt hotel (as of December 2019) that is located in the new Dubai (south of the Burj Khalifa). It is also located right across from the newly opened Nakheel Mall on the Palm. The hotel is about 30 minutes away from both DXB and DWC airports.
If you have a view facing the iconic Burj Al Arab, you could even catch a glimpse of fireworks on New Year’s eve. Note: There would be a compulsory new year’s gala dinner charge if you’re staying on December 31 (common to most luxury hotels in Dubai)
Rooms / Rates
This hotel is a Category 5 Hyatt Hotel and can be redeemed at 20,000 World Of Hyatt Points. This equates to around $340 on valuing a Hyatt point at 1.7c/point. (See The Points Guy’s monthly points valuations)
Check-in time is 3pm, and checkout is at 12pm.
The hotel features different rooms and suites available to book on cash or points:
- 1 King Bed / 2 Twin Beds
- 1 King Bed with Balcony
- Andaz Suite
- Andaz Deluxe Suite
- Terrace Suite
- Prince Suite
- Royal Suite
In the winter, the rates for standard rooms begin from AED 2200+tax (~USD 599), and are pegged around AED 520+tax (~USD 141) for the summer months in 2020.
It’s definitely a steal at 20K points in the winter, and once Hyatt introduces off-peak in March, you could redeem it at 17K points if you find the right dates.
The hotel boasts a unique culinary experience with the different dining options. The lounge looks gorgeous 🙂
La Coco Beach Club
The Andaz Lounge
Fitness Centre / Pool/ Spa / Kids Club
Andaz Dubai features
- A Fitness Centre
- Spa (the spa looks amazing in the image above)
- Kids Club
The social media team is very active and responsive, and the hotel staff posted a welcome Insta story earlier today 🙂 #AndazLovesDubai
Summary – Andaz Dubai The Palm
I must say this hotel looks truly artsy and definitely one of the best Andaz’ out there. There are many factors which make the launch of Andaz Dubai exciting – the debut of Andaz in Dubai, a Hyatt Hotel on the Palm, and the excellent value for your World Of Hyatt points in winter. The cherry on the cake is the 500 bonus points per night until March 31, 2020.
What do you think of this new hotel? Let us know your thoughts and questions in the comments.
Image Credit: All images are copyright of Hyatt Hotels and Andaz.
- Hyatt Place Jumeirah opens at 5K World of Hyatt points
- Hyatt Place Dubai Wasl District opens at 8K Points
- Up in the Air (Movie): Celebrating 10 years with 10 scenes
- Emirates and Marriott Bonvoy Partnership is back
- Major changes on Marriott on September 14, 2019
- Roxy Plus – Roxy Cinemas new loyalty program launches in June 2019
- Careem Rewards – Careem’s Loyalty Program
- Careem Gold – an elite tier by Careem
- Active Uber Promo Codes in Dubai and UAE
- Active Careem Promo Codes in Dubai and UAE
- W Dubai – The Palm opened on 1st February, 2019
- 6 Free Loyalty Programs that you must sign up for in Dubai
- 4 Best Value Marriott Bonvoy Redemptions in Dubai and UAE
- All Hyatt Hotels in UAE redeemable on Points
- InterContinental Hotels (IHG) Category changes in 2019
- Existing and upcoming Hilton Hotels in UAE
- Loyalty Magazine Awards 2019 – GEMS Rewards wins Regional Loyalty Champion for Middle East and Africa