Careem Rewards has been amazing since its inception in November 2018. With the introduction of the elite tier Careem Gold for riders who take 15 rides every month, Careem has made its top riders earn over 4.5% cashback on every ride. And this week (July 2019), Careem introduced the option to redeem Careem Rewards points for CareemNOW food orders. This gives us more options on how to redeem our Careem Rewards points, and better redemption values 🙂
Careem Rewards for CareemNOW Orders
Careem added the following two new options to redeem Careem Rewards:
- Redeem 11,000 points for AED 20 on CareemNOW
- Redeem 18,500 points for AED 35 on CareemNOW (Careem Gold only)
How to redeem it on CareemNOW:
- Redeem the rewards points to get a CareemNOW Promo Code.
- Copy this CareemNOW Promo Code and use this on the CareemNOW app to reduce your food order total.
- In case you would like to use the promo code later, go back to Careem Rewards history on the Careem App, and get the code again.
Terms and Conditions of the Redemption:
- Valid for one-use only
- Code expires September 30, 2019 (assuming the code was redeemed in July 2019)
- Standard Delivery fee applies (typically AED 7)
Careem Rewards points expire in the next half of the year that it was earned. But if you redeem Careem Rewards for CareemNOW orders, you have only 2-3 months to use that specific generated promo code. If you redeem your reward in July, you have until September 30, 2019. This means that you shouldn’t redeem your Careem Rewards points until you’re definitely sure that you have a Careem NOW order coming up. Also, make sure that your CareemNOW order total is equal to or greater than your voucher amount of AED 20 or AED 35, since it is a one-time use voucher.
Let’s take a look at each option and how the redemption value turns out to be.
11,000 Careem Rewards points for AED 20 on CareemNOW
AED 1 earns you 20 points for regular users, and 30 points for Careem Gold users.
Spend AED 550 to get 11,000 points, which you can redeem for AED 20 on CareemNow.
This translates to a nice 3.6% cashback on your Careem spend (20/550 * 100).
Spend AED 366.67 to get 11,000 points, which you can redeem for AED 20 on CareemNow.
This translates to a better 5.45% cashback on your Careem spend (20/366.67 * 100).
18,500 Careem Rewards points for AED 35 on Careem NOW (Careem Gold Users only)
AED 1 earns 30 points for Careem Gold users.
Spend AED 616.67 to earn 18,500 points, which you can redeem for AED 35 on CareemNow.
This translates to the best ever use of your Careem Rewards at 5.67% cashback on your Careem spend (35/616.67 * 100).
The earlier redemption for Careem Gold users to redeem 18,500 points for AED 30 to use on Careem translated to 4.86% cashback (30/616.67). Hence, the new option to redeem 18,500 points for AED 35 on CareemNOW is the highest ever value for your Careem Rewards points.
Kudos to the Careem Rewards and Careem Loyalty team for continuously enhancing the rewards program and adding more benefits for Careem users. It definitely makes us change our spend behavior towards using Careem more often. 🙂
What do you think of these new redemptions on Careeem Rewards? Let us know your thoughts and questions in the comments.
Image Credit: All images are copyright of Careem and CareemNOW.
- Careem launches Roadside Assistance for AED 100
- Roxy Plus – Roxy Cinemas new loyalty program launches in June 2019
- Abu Dhabi Airport Summer 2019 Free Parking and Careem offers
- Novo Cinemas 2 for 1 on all ticket in Summer 2019
- BICE Ristorante – FREE Friday Brunch for June borns in June 2019
- Careem Rewards – Careem’s Loyalty Program
- Careem Gold – an elite tier by Careem
- Active Uber Promo Codes in Dubai and UAE
- Active Careem Promo Codes in Dubai and UAE
- W Dubai – The Palm opened on 1st February, 2019
- 6 Free Loyalty Programs that you must sign up for in Dubai
- 4 Best Value Marriott Bonvoy Redemptions in Dubai and UAE
- All Hyatt Hotels in UAE redeemable on Points
- InterContinental Hotels (IHG) Category changes in 2019
- Existing and upcoming Hilton Hotels in UAE
- Loyalty Magazine Awards 2019 – GEMS Rewards wins Regional Loyalty Champion for Middle East and Africa