EmiratesNBD and Marriott Bonvoy are now offering a revamped co-branded credit card with a welcome bonus of up to 200,000 Bonvoy points. This card is a enhanced rebrand from the existing EmiratesNBD SPG World Mastercard Credit Card. This is an exciting update, let’s take a look at the details of this card.
1. Welcome Bonus
Get a joining bonus of 100,000 bonus points automatically credited to your Marriott Bonvoy account upon activation of your Marriott Bonvoy World Mastercard and payment of the applicable joining fees (see annual fees below).
Earn an additional 100,000 bonus points on cumulative retail purchases of US$10,000 in the first three billing statements. This huge welcome bonus offer ends on November 30, 2019. You can apply for this card here.
That’s a whopping total of 200,000 Marriott Bonvoy points. Even US Credit cards like the American Express Bonvoy Brilliant Card had offered a maximum of 100K points as welcome bonus at launch. If you value a Bonvoy Point at $0.008/point, the bonus points can be valued at $1,600.
Redeem points for Free Night Awards (without blackout dates) at any of the 7,000 hotels and resorts participating in the Marriott Bonvoy programme worldwide. You can also transfer your points to more than 40 airlines — including Emirates and Etihad — to redeem for free flights and upgrades. Plus, receive 5,000 bonus miles for every 60,000 points you transfer. Get VIP access to concerts, culinary experiences, premier sporting events and more with Marriott Bonvoy Moments.
2. Annual Fee
The annual fee for this card is the same as the previous EmiratesNBD SPG World Mastercard at AED 1,500/year (~ USD 408).
Check the latest schedule of fees of all EmiratesNBD cards here.
This fee is not waived for the first year and will be charged immediately in the first statement and again upon renewal every year. (you also get a free night award certificate worth 35K points at renewal – more on that below)
3. Bonus Points Categories
This card will earn has a clearly defined structure to earn bonus points
- 6 points per US$1 of spend at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy
- 3 points per US$1 on international spends
- 3 points per US$1 on other spends
The bonus earning on Marriott Bonvoy hotel purchases is similar to almost every Marriott co-branded card. But the highlight of this card is the 3x earning on all other purchases. That’s 1x more times than all Marriott co-branded US Cards that only earn 2x on all purchases (they however have bonus categories). This earning of 3x makes it the same as the previous SPG earning and is huge win for this card.
Another feature of this card is the Express Points Programme*.
Your Marriott Bonvoy World Mastercard allows you to earn up to 50% more points every month for all your retail purchases on the Card (subject to a maximum of 4,000 Express Points per month). You can enrol with the Express Points* programme by paying a nominal monthly fee of AED300. Cardmembers enrolled in Express Points will not be charged the annual fee.
For example, if you earn a total of 8,000 points for your domestic and international spending in a given month, then you would earn Express Points as shown below:
Regular points: 8,000
Express points: 4,000
Total points earned for the month: 12,000
To opt in for this feature, you need to call +971 600 54 0000.
*Express Points: Card members enrolled in the Express Points programme are eligible to earn Express Points. The programme is subject to a maximum of 4,000 additional points per statement. A nominal monthly fee of AED 300 is charged for the Express Points programme. The Card’s listed annual fee of AED 1,500 is waived from the second year onwards for Cardmembers enrolled in the Express Points programme. An annual fee is charged to the Card statement in case of de-enrolment from the Express Points programme. Bonus points earned for spending at Marriott Bonvoy properties are excluded from Express Points calculations.
4. Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status
As a Marriott Bonvoy™ World Mastercard® Cardmember, this card comes with automatic Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status and extras, such as:
- Complimentary enhanced in-room internet access
- Bonvoy Member Rates
- Mobile Check-In and other mobile services
- Ultimate Reservation Guarantee
- 25% bonus points on stays
- Elite Welcome Gift of points
- 2pm Late Checkout
- Dedicated Elite reservation line
Also, enjoy discounts of up to 20% at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties in the UAE
(A notable feature of the American Express Bonvoy Brilliant card is the offering of Platinum Elite Status after $75K in yearly spend on the card, but this does not seem to be a feature of this EmiratesNBD Marriott Bonvoy Credit Card)
5. Anniversary Free Night worth 35K
Receive one Free Night Award upon payment of the renewal fee every year. Award can be used for a one-night stay worth up to 35,000 points at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels.
Note that, with the new peak and off-peak Points pricing introduced by Marriott Bonvoy on September 14, 2019, this free night certificate cannot be used at a Category 5 property at peak 40,000 points.
At the same value of a Bonvoy Point at $0.008/point, this 35,000 certificate can be valued at $280. If you redeem it at $280 or above, you can easily offset the annual fee to reduce to $408-$280=$128 -> AED 470.
6. Five Elite Nights Credits every year
This card adds 5 Elite Night Credits to your Marriott Bonvoy account every year. These nights also add up to the Lifetime Night totals.
Other Benefits of EmiratesNBD Cards and World Mastercard
- Access to over 850+ Lounges with your World Mastercard
- Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Five Star Membership
- 15% discounts at Luxury Services Apartments
- Up to 30% discount on ClearTrip Travel
- MYUS Premium Shipping Membership
- Discounted Rides with Careem (Related: Careem Promo Codes in UAE)
- Mastercard Buy 1 Get 1 Offers
- Purchase Protection: 90-days accidental theft or damage protection
- Bicester Village Shopping
- Fraud Protection
- Contactless Payments with
- EmiratesNBD Pay
- Apple Pay
- Samsung Pay
- Google Pay
- fitbit pay
- Garmin Pay
- Maximum 55 days interest-free
- and many more
How to Apply for the EmiratesNBD Marriott Bonvoy Credit Card
- The eligibility of the previous EmiratesNBD SPG card was a minimum monthly salary of AED 25,0000. This could be the same or more for this new card.
- You can apply directly for this EmiratesNBD Marriott Bonvoy card here, and request a callback to know more.
- Required Documents
- Original Emirates ID and copy along with Passport Copy for Identification
- Latest Salary Certificate for Salaried Individual
- Trade License for Non-Individual
- Latest 3 Months Bank Statements (Mini ATM statement incase Bank Statements were not original)
- Security Cheque
Final Thoughts on the EmiratesNBD Marriott Bonvoy Credit Card
This is an excellent opportunity to earn Marriott Bonvoy points and get a premium card. The free night certificate offsets the annual fees anyway, and the points earning and Gold Elite benefits outweigh the fees.
If this card doesn’t work for you, check out the other cards by EmiratesNBD here.
What do you think of this new credit card? Let us know your thoughts and questions in the comments.
Image Credits: All images are copyright of EmiratesNBD, Marriott and Marriott Bonvoy.
Don’t forget the other promo codes if you’re shopping online:
- H&M UAE: 10% off on sale items with “GC374“. 15% off with the H&M promo code “CBA“.
- Bath & Body Works UAE: 10% off with the BBW Promo code “BW954“.
- MotherCare UAE: 10% off with the Mothercare Promo Code “BCN“.
- Victoria’s Secret UAE: 10% off with the Victoria’s Secret Promo Code “HUL“.
- FootLocker UAE: 10% off with the Foot Locker Promo Code “HNM“.
- NAMSHI – 15% off with the Namshi Promo Code “DD47“.
- Noon.com Shopping in GCC or Egypt – 5% off: Use the Noon Promo Code “FRI9” or “FRI10“.
- KUL.com: 10% off using the KUL Promo Code “KU49“.
- Centrepoint Stores and Babyshop: 10% off using the Centrepoint Promo Code “CPC18“.
- Carrefour UAE: [intermittently active] AED 10 off AED 200+ with the promo code UE39, AED 15 off AED 250+ with the promo code AE39.
- Emirates and Marriott Bonvoy Partnership is back
- Major changes on Marriott on September 14, 2019
- Roxy Plus – Roxy Cinemas new loyalty program launches in June 2019
- Careem Rewards – Careem’s Loyalty Program
- Careem Gold – an elite tier by Careem
- Active Uber Promo Codes in Dubai and UAE
- Active Careem Promo Codes in Dubai and UAE
- W Dubai – The Palm opened on 1st February, 2019
- 6 Free Loyalty Programs that you must sign up for in Dubai
- 4 Best Value Marriott Bonvoy Redemptions in Dubai and UAE
- All Hyatt Hotels in UAE redeemable on Points
- InterContinental Hotels (IHG) Category changes in 2019
- Existing and upcoming Hilton Hotels in UAE
- Loyalty Magazine Awards 2019 – GEMS Rewards wins Regional Loyalty Champion for Middle East and Africa