Marriott‘s luxury lifestyle brand “W Hotels” debuted in Abu Dhabi with the new “W Abu Dhabi – Yas Island“. This is the 2nd W in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), following the W Dubai – The Palm. It is a rebrand of the previous “Yas Hotel – Autograph Collection”, also a Category 4 Marriott Bonvoy Hotel redeemable at 25K Points. Check out the list of all 50+ Marriott hotels in Dubai and the UAE, and also our 4 best value Marriott Points Redemptions in UAE.
W Abu Dhabi – Location and Parking
This hotel is located on the vibrant Yas Island. It is a 15 min drive from Abu Dhabi International Airport (AUH), and a little over an hour from Dubai International Airport (DXB) and Dubai World Central Al Maktoum International Airport (DWC).
The location is amazing if you’re visiting Abu Dbabi since its only a mile away from the popular attractions like Ferrari World, Yas Waterworld, Warner Bros, Yas Beach and Yas Marina.
Rooms and Rates
This hotel boasts 499 rooms including the luxurious W suites:
- Wonderful Room
- Marvelous Room
- Spectacular Room
- Fantastic Suite
- Fabulous Suite
- Wow Suite
- Extreme Wow Suite
It is a Category 4 Marriott Hotel, with standard points redemption at 25K Points, and off-peak 20K, peak 40K points. The Points Guy’s monthly points valuations values a Bonvoy point at $0.8c/point. Thus, if you’re getting a room rate higher than $200, it’s recommended to redeem your points. On doing some research, we’re seeing more standard room rates of less than $200 and summer rates of less than $100, so it might be best to use cash here.
This W Hotel hosts a number of unique dining experiences:
- Garage (International)
- W Lounge
- Wet Deck
- Sun Deck
- Amici (Italian)
- Angar (Indian)
The Hotel also features a Fitness Centre, 2 outdoor Pools including a childrens pool. An indoor kids zone with play stations is available for children aged 2 to 12 years. A spa is also available with amazing Yas marina views.
W Abu Dhabi Yas Island – Summary
The W Abu Dhabi is a gem on the Yas Island, and an absolute treat for W Loyalists. The pictures look stunning, and is highly recommended if you’re in Abu Dhabi.
What do you think of this new hotel? Let us know your thoughts and questions in the comments.
Image Credit: All images are copyright of Marriott International.
- Marriott Bonvoy Unlock More Promotion to get 2K Points
- JW Marriott Dubai closes on May 12, 2019
- World of Hyatt Bonus Journeys Promotions is now live
- Hyatt Place Dubai Wasl District opens at 8K Points
- Emirates and Marriott Bonvoy Partnership is back
- Major changes on Marriott on September 14, 2019
- All World of Hyatt Promotions – Don’t forget to stack
- Careem launches Roadside Assistance for AED 100
- Roxy Plus – Roxy Cinemas new loyalty program launches in June 2019
- Careem Rewards – Careem’s Loyalty Program
- Careem Gold – an elite tier by Careem
- Active Uber Promo Codes in Dubai and UAE
- Active Careem Promo Codes in Dubai and UAE
- W Dubai – The Palm opened on 1st February, 2019
- 6 Free Loyalty Programs that you must sign up for in Dubai
- 4 Best Value Marriott Bonvoy Redemptions in Dubai and UAE
- All Hyatt Hotels in UAE redeemable on Points
- InterContinental Hotels (IHG) Category changes in 2019
- Existing and upcoming Hilton Hotels in UAE
- Loyalty Magazine Awards 2019 – GEMS Rewards wins Regional Loyalty Champion for Middle East and Africa